The 2015 HCAOA conference in Washington, DC is kicking off today. If you're traveling to the Hyatt, click here for Google Map directions. Here are a few tips to get the most out of the event.
1) The Agenda - See below for the full conference flip book. This years agenda covers topics from sales and marketing, tele-health, workers' comp, creating disease specific care programs, and even how to create a caregiver training lab.
Don't Miss: Patrick Cooney will present 'HCAOA Public Policy Update: State and Federal Efforts' Tuesday at 2:30pm. The biggest value a HCAOA member receives is the legislative effort to have the voice of private-duty home care heard as it relates to the Companionship Exemption and Affordable Care Act. Less than 2 weeks ago the D.C. Court of Appeals denied Plaintiffs’ (HCAOA, NAHC and IFA’s) Motion to Stay the pending effective date for upholding DOL’s Home Care Rule, which is October 13, 2015. The Court of Appeals gave no explanation for denying the stay. Expect to hear these legislative updates and more, and how the HCAOA plans to respond.
Don't Miss: The 'HCAOA Business Meeting Luncheon' on Tuesday at 12:45 - 2:30pm will be held as executive members of the HCAOA will provide organizational updates that usually include membership updates and how the association executives have stayed busy over the last year. At the Washington Home Care Association event a few weeks ago, HCAOA Executive Director Phil Bongioro alluded that the industry 'medallion' marketing program -- a program which ClearCare helped kickoff, will be previewed at this time. Look at this as a 'Got Milk' or 'Pork the other white meat' category branding campaign for the home care industry. For those in attendance last year, this was one of the highlights of the luncheon.
Don't Miss: I'll be presenting 10 Practical Tips to Transform your Website into your #1 Referral Source on Tuesday from 11 - 12:30. I'll share free tools and no-spin advice on how simple changes in your website strategy can result in big referrals online.
2) Don't Leave Early - Wednesday morning we're marching over to Capital Hill for Congressional visits. Last years event in Kansas City was a blast but this years event was strategically positioned in D.C. during a time when many congressional leaders will be in town. Our industry needs as many home care advocates to attend. If you've never marched on capital hill, not to worry. Earlier that morning we'll be briefed so we can share our perspective on the positive impact home care has for their constituents and our position in this regulatory environment to preserve and promote home care.
3) Have Fun: Several networking opportunities exist.
- Monday night from 5:30 - 7:30pm ClearCare has a networking happy hour with drinks and food at the hotel lobby bar. Free tickets are still available.
- The vendor hall opens Sunday evening and closes Tuesday.
- If you're in town Sunday, come by the Opening Reception at 5:30 in the Exhibit Hall (look for ClearCare in the orange shirts)
The full HCAOA Conference Agenda (click 'FullScreen' arrow icon to expand)