Assessing your loved one’s needs is the first step in deciding on an in-home care provider. What kind of assistance does your loved one require? Does he have serious medical problems that would best be supervised by a licensed CNA? What particular disabilities does your loved one have? Questions like these need to be addressed before you hire an agency. Arrange a family meeting to discuss the care recipient’s needs and outline a basic care plan. Include the individual to be cared for in the discussion if possible. When you have the cooperation of your loved one, the process of hiring in-home care will be much easier.
Today’s senior home care providers bring health care and support services to millions of individuals suffering from a wide variety of physical disabilities and medical conditions. With the addition of a trusted homecare system or homecare software, such as provided by ClearCare, more seniors than ever before are able to enjoy safe and quality care at home.
Finding the Right Home Care Provider
Deciding which home care agency to use is a big step; one that should not be taken lightly. Locating the right provider takes patience and knowledge of what to look for. Here are a few things to make sure your home care agency has or offers:
1. The services your loved one needs. Not all home care agencies offer the same services, so be specific when asking how the agency accommodates all requests.
2. Proper licensing and certifications. Licensed providers are not only monitored by the state, they also can evaluate a senior’s home care need and alter the services rendered if necessary. Home care agencies that use a reliable home care system or home care software can easily track employee certifications and other important documentation so that each client receives the appropriately trained caregiver.
3. Workable care plan. Look for a home care agency that solicits input from patients and their families when developing a treatment and care plan.
4. Caregivers that are properly screened. You’ll want an honest caregiver with a clean background. The agencies you interview should provide you with written reference check reports and documentation on the caregiver’s previous places of employment for at least the past five years. With ClearCare’s homecare system and homecare software, this valuable information is always up-to-date and easily accessible.
5. A dependable homecare system and homecare software. Real-time visibility to point-of-care brings families incredible peace of mind and reassurance that their loved one is being cared for properly.
Interviewing a number of home care providers takes time and due diligence. Be clear when communicating your loved one’s daily needs and what your expectations are. With clearly defined responsibilities, good communication, and active involvement, the process for choosing a home care provider will go smoothly. Once you’ve decided on a home care agency, ClearCare’s home care system and home care software will be there to make sure the rest of the care journey goes smoothly as well.